Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Great coffee


"Nescafé no es café."


I can't go without a really good cup of coffee in the morning. For the last couple of years I have fallen deeply in love with Paramount Coffee. It's a locally owned and operated company that makes the most enjoyable cup of coffee at an affordable price. Their coffee is served at many Lansing area Coney Island restaurants (they know the good stuff) and can be found at small local grocery stores and Sam's Club (yay for giant bags!). They also provide the beans for Biggby Coffee shops, love that place! If you don't have any providers of this magnificent coffee you can also order it online.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Indeed. Paramount is good stuff. Do you grind your own beans? That is LIVING! Also, I heard that you shouldn't put coffee beans in the freezer, that it dries them out and makes them taste less fresh. I don't know if there is any truth to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely grind my own beans. Got a kick-butt Grind-n-Brew for our wedding from the best man and sister-in-law. Looks like I need to go into hyphenation re-hab! Haha....

    Don't freeze your whole beans, the rumors are true. You only need to put ground beans in the freezer, but I'm not sure how true that actually is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing for your whole bean OR ground coffee is to seal it in an airtight container and keep it in a cool dry place, like a pantry or cupboard away from any heat. Your refrigerator or freezer will not only make them taste less fresh, they could also pick up the many flavors and smells of other food in there. Many people love flavored coffee, but I don't think fish-flavored is one of them - yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin