Sunday, March 8, 2009

Door trim

I was admiring some great pictures of a linen closet re-do from Sage Mommy's blog and thought about a project that Estevan did for our house (that's right, I'm not taking any credit for this... I love my handy husband). We have hollow-core, oak veneer doors all through our house. These things are so ugly, straight from the 70's. We decided to do something about them but didn't have the budget to buy new doors for our whole house. Good tip: By nailing on simple oak trim in the shape of a rectangle, about 5 inches from the edge of the door he created an authentic looking detail. He then primed and painted the doors all satin white so that you can't even tell that they were once nasty veneer. Beautiful...

Before and after

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica! Thanks for stopping by the blog. I love this door DIY project. The new door looks amazing. P.S. I'm a MI girl at heart too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin