Sunday, December 6, 2009

Cinnamon Applesauce Ornaments, oh my!

Years ago, for our first Christmas, I made cinnamon applesauce ornaments. We didn't have many ornaments, just some bulk packaged ones from Target, but these cinnamon ornaments gave our tree a homey feel and the smell was amazing. After a few more Christmases (and one dog), our tree is filling up with beautiful and sentimental ornaments and I've had to say good bye to my cinnamon applesauce ornaments. You may ask, "Why?" and "Why do you mention the dog?". I mention the dog because last Christmas, our first Christmas with Java, we found out that he is deathly allergic to cinnamon. Very traumatic for all of us, but he made it through alright and I won't be tempting fate anymore with a tree full of cinnamon ornaments. So now, all I can do is pass along the recipe for my beloved ornaments, I hope that you enjoy them (and that your dog isn't allergic).


Recipe

1/2 cup cinnamon
1/2 cup applesauce (store bought)

Or you could use equal parts of any amount based on how many you want to make.

Mix together by hand and roll out between two pieces of wax paper, making them about a quarter inch thick.

Using cookie cutters of any shape, gently cut out and place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Poke holes near top using a toothpick.

Bake at 200 degrees F for about 2 hours. Leave out to dry further over night.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin