Wednesday, September 2, 2009

New Garden Wish List

One of the things that I'm really looking forward to is learning how to garden in my new area. I learned a lot about gardening in Michigan, and that only was in the last 2 years! I'm sure I can learn it all over again, right? I'm fairly positive that all I need are a few books (Christmas wish list to come!) and I will be on the right track to gardening in Texas. So far, I've been looking around my neighborhood to get a pretty good idea of what can be grown here. Here's my newest garden wish list... oh and get this, they can all be grown in pots! Perfect for rental living.


Aloe vera; has saved my fingers from burn scars more times than I can count.


Bird of Paradise; so cool looking!


Hibiscus; the epitome of tropical living.


Night blooming Jasmine; I might actually enjoy waking up early in the morning.


Bouganvilla; these grow in huge bushes.
Reminds me of La Quinta, CA which was my favorite place to live...
I guess that must be part of why I like Houston so much!


Gardenia; these can also grow in huge bushes down here.


This is definitely my favorite; Meyer Lemon tree.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin