Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pasta Salad

To me, warm weather means it's time for pasta salad! This is a staple recipe in my home during the summer months and these last few days of high temps had me craving it.

Pasta Salad

Ingredients
1 box rotini pasta
3 stalks broccoli
1 red onion
1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts, use liquid too
1-2 containers feta cheese, I like tomato-basil flavor
1-2 containers Newman's Own Family Recipe Italian dressing

Directions
Boil rotini. Chop raw broccoli into bite sized pieces, place in large bowl. Finely chop 1/4 of the red onion, I like to only coursely chop the remainder and add to salad for extra flavor as it marinates. Finely chop the artichoke hearts and add to salad, be sure to add the liquid to the salad mix too. Add in the feta, I like feta a lot so I use 2 containers. Mix in pasta and add dressing as desired. The salad will tend to dry out as it marinates, add additional dressing as desired but not necessarily all of the second bottle.

You could enhance this recipe by adding black olives, baby corn, etc...
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin