Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Weeks of School

What a great first two weeks of school!  Everything is unbelievably busy but I'm actually still alive and doing well.  I'm so glad that my second week was better than my first week... if we keep up this pace, I should be sitting very pretty by the end of the year!  So proud of my kids.

I am also very proud of this board outside my classroom!  I made the tree leaves out of sheets of foam in two shades of green.  The sheets of foam come in large, rectangular sheets and I cut them out in random, wavy cloud shapes.  I then glued them together on the ground and, when they were FINALLY dry, I stapled them up on the wall.  The trunk is made from brown paper and the picket fence is made from white foam sheets.  I'm a huge fan of foam sheets!!!
I love having groups, although the kids have to search for their desk every morning because I'm still playing around with their seating arrangements.  I'll get it figured out soon.

My desk!  So happy I could hang my "Welcome Friends" flag, it used to be hanging outside the front door of our old home. 

Every day I place extra copies of papers in these folders.  Makes taking care of make-up work easy!

I love these pens, so easy to make and they look so pretty.  Plus, I get them back every time!
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Oooh Ilove those pens too. So pretty and such a clever idea.

    I don't have any kiddie winks, but If they were being welcomed into such a lovely warming environment I'd be just so over the moon. I have no doubt that you are a wonderful teacher.

    I'm Off to have a nosy around your blog as its my first time here, and I am liking it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flower pens and extra copies idea!!

    Would it be o.k. to pin some of your pics?

    Thanks,

    Miss J

    Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I'm finally back to blogging again after a long and tedious two years of teaching. Miss J, it would be perfectly fine to pin some of my pics as long as they link back to their original source. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin