3 cups sugar (hey, I never said it was good for you)
1 cup vegetable oil
3 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1 1/2 teaspoon each ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves (I used less ginger and nutmeg)
2/3 cup water
2 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together sugar, oil, and eggs; beat until well mixed.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to the egg mixture alternately with water.
- Stir in pumpkin and walnuts.
- Pour into greased bread pans.
- Bake about 1 hour for 9X5 pans and about 45 minutes for smaller pans (pictured).