Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Melt in your mouth Pumpkin Bread

Get ready for a mouth watering, eyes rolling to the back of you head, involuntary "mmmm" experience. Yeah, it's that good.


Ingredients
3 cups sugar (hey, I never said it was good for you)
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1 1/2 teaspoon each ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves (I used less ginger and nutmeg)
2/3 cup water
2 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup finely chopped walnuts


Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix together sugar, oil, and eggs; beat until well mixed.
  3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to the egg mixture alternately with water.
  4. Stir in pumpkin and walnuts.
  5. Pour into greased bread pans.
  6. Bake about 1 hour for 9X5 pans and about 45 minutes for smaller pans (pictured).
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I was stumbling through some blogs and came across yours...the picture of the bread stopped me dead in my tracks! :) So amazing I think I will try it this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi honey; I remember you making this bread, thanks for passing on the recipe. I am definitely going to give it a try. Also honey, i am going to use canola oil rather than vegetable oil, a tad more healthy! love you sweetie, Auntie Mikie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin